Armor All and Privacy
This information explains how we comply with the privacy requirements of Australia and New Zealand (NZ). This information may be updated from time to time.
ARMOR ALL’s system for complying with Australian and NZ privacy requirements includes:
- our commitment to compliance with privacy requirements;
- our policy and approach to privacy, as explained in this information;
- our resources allocated to privacy, including our technology systems and services; and
- our people and the training and education we undertake.
Collecting your personal information
ARMOR ALL is a trusted market leader and manufacturer of car care innovation products, sold in countries around the world including Australia & New Zealand under the ARMOR ALL brand. We are committed to producing quality products which exceed our customer’s expectations.
Depending on your involvement with ARMOR ALL, we may collect personal information about you such as your name, your contact details, and other information about your circumstances and preferences. Where we do not have your personal information, we are not able to contact you or deal with your requests.
We collect this information when we ask you for it and you provide it, such as when you contact us with a query about our products, order our products, enter a promotion or competition or participate at our websites, social media or at motorsport events supported by ARMOR ALL.
We may also collect your personal information from third parties to enable us to contact you and tell you about our products and services. Where you prefer that we do not collect your personal information, we may not be able to process your order, deal with your requests or contact you.
Like many companies, we use technology and tools that tell us when a computer or device has visited or accessed our content. Those tools include services from search engines and other companies that help us to tailor our products and services to better suit our customers and potential customers. Search engines provide facilities to allow you to indicate your preferences in relation to the use of those tools in connection with computers and other devices controlled or used by you.
Using your personal information
We use your personal information for our business and activities, and in our efforts to expand and improve our business. Examples include:
- to confirm your identity;
- to respond to and process your requests such as for information, product, including providing warranty service where this applies to products or, if applicable, managing your on line accounts with us;
- to provide you with information about our products, including brochures and videos, and assist in developing new products;
- to provide you with marketing communications and invitations and offers for products including new products that we have not offered before but we believe may be of interest to you (and if we do so, we will provide you with a way to opt out);
- to administer promotional programmes, such as sweepstakes, competitions, rewards or rebates programmes, or promotions connected with motorsport events we support as well as other events
- to operate programmes and forums in different media in which you are able to share information, including your personal information, with us and publicly (on the Terms applicable);
- to determine if you are eligible for certain products or offers;
- for a business or professional relationship we may have with you;
- if you apply for employment with us, to consider your application;
- for our research and development efforts;
- to amend records to remove personal information;
- sometimes, for product safety and product recalls;
- for other everyday business purposes that involve use of personal information, including carrying out
- activities such as personnel training.
associated with our business partners and sponsors;
Storing and disclosing your personal information
We use various systems and services to safeguard the personal information we store, as part of our business systems and processes.
In using and storing your personal information, we may pass on your personal information:
- to others, like our agents, contractors and service providers, who help us to provide services to you;
- to other parts of our wider company, the worldwide ARMOR ALL group;
- in other ways that come up in our business from time to time.
Overseas countries where your data may be stored include the United States, New Zealand.
When we pass on or share your personal information in this way, we take steps to ensure it is treated in the same way that we would treat it.
We do our best to keep our records of your personal information up to date and accurate and not to keep personal information that is no longer needed.
We also share with others and disclose information from which personal information has been removed so that no privacy is affected.
We sometimes have to pass on personal information for legal or safety reasons or other special circumstances.
Contact with Armor All about your personal information
You may wish to contact ARMOR ALL to access your personal information, to seek to correct it or to make a complaint about privacy:
Email us: email@example.com
Phone: +61 3 8551 5000
Toll Free: +61 3 8551 5001
We will respond as soon as we reasonably can including, in the case of access and correction requests, if we are unable to provide you with access (such as when we no longer hold or use the information).
We do not impose any charge for a request for access, but we may charge you a reasonable fee for our costs associated with providing you with access and retrieval costs.
For complaints about privacy, we will establish in consultation with you a reasonable process, including time frames, for seeking to resolve your complaint.